Our company focuses on one investment strategy – single-family rental properties – in one real estate market in the country – Jacksonville, Florida. The reason for this is simple: we believe this is the best investment strategy for the current market and we believe Jacksonville is the best real estate market in the country.
When analyzing real estate markets, our Clients initially look for 2 things: low prices and high rents. When a real estate market has low prices and high rents, there is a cash-flow opportunity.
According to the National Association of Realtors, the median sales price in Jacksonville is 26% lower than the national median sales price. According to the US Census, the average gross rents in Jacksonville are 3% higher than the national average gross rents. This combination of low prices and high rents represents a cash-flow opportunity that you will not find in more than a handful of markets across the country.
Jacksonville is a real estate market that has wonderful opportunities, not just because of the cash-flow possibilities, but also for the future prospects for continued growth. Jacksonville’s population has continued to grow each year, even as the economy has struggled in recent years. Jacksonville attracts a talented workforce and our city is home to some of the brightest companies in the world. In fact, Jacksonville is the only Florida city to have four headquartered companies on the Fortune 500 list. Jacksonville residents experience a wonderful quality of life with access to the beaches, rivers, sunshine and wonderful climate.
Below are a few of the awards and accolades Jacksonville has won recently:
- Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the Top 10 list for the Best Cities for Technology jobs (11/2011)
- Jacksonville was ranked in the Top 25 Innovation Cities Global Index by 2thinknow (10/2011)
- Jacksonville ranked 4th in Bloomberg Businessweek’s Cities with the Biggest Growth in Tech Jobs (08/2011)
- Jacksonville is the only Florida city to have four headquartered companies on the Fortune 500 list (05/2011)
- Jacksonville placed in the Top 20 in the Cities of the Future Rankings by New Geography (07/2011)
- Jacksonville ranks as one of the nation’s Best Cities for Minority Entrepreneurs (04/2011)
- Florida ranks 5th among the 50 states in a Tax Foundation Study of business-friendly tax climates (2011)
- The job site careerbliss.com ranks Jacksonville as 3rd in its survey for the Happiest U.S. Cities To Work In (02/2011)
- Jacksonville is the most affordable city in Florida according to the Coldwell Banker Home Listing Report (09/2010)
- Jacksonville ranks #1 in Parenting magazine’s 10 Best Cities For Recreation (07/2010)
JWB home buyers Blog11 Dec
What is a Pay Rent or Quit Notice?
When you buy investment property, you have to remember that you are in fact a landlord. The decisions that you make will directly affect the tenant that receives housing from you. Whether or not you have a property manager, you will need to have a te...
© 2017 JWB Home Buyers, LLC. All Rights Reserved